Chiropractic Care or Massage Therapy?
Which provides the best healing — chiropractic care or massage therapy? At Fetzer Family Chiropractic, we say, “Why choose?” Combining massage and chiropractic care is shown to speed up healing in patients, offering improvement for everything from back and neck pain to osteoarthritis, and from depression to insomnia. Massage therapy by our Certified Chiropractic Assistant and Licensed Massage Therapist will help you live a fuller life.
The Healing Touch
Humans beings respond in amazing ways to the power of touch. For example, we tend to rub a sore spot when we are experiencing pain, offer hugs in celebration to victors and gentle embraces for the broken hearted and grieving among us. Licensed massage therapists are trained to utilize the power of touch to help your body heal itself and ultimately improve your quality of life. From babies to senior citizens, we treat patients of all ages and all walks of life.
The Benefits of Massage
If you’ve ever had a massage, you understand that “post-massage feeling,” of a mind that is clear and a body that is fully relaxed. While many of us may treat ourselves to an occasional massage, including regular massage therapy sessions in your routine helps your body and mind to hold on to that relaxed state and help you deal with every day physical and mental stress. Massage therapy cannot replace chiropractic care, but it can be an integral part of your overall wellness strategy. Some of massage’s greatest benefits include:
- Relaxation: Massage is a terrific stress reliever, aiding in your ability to slow down and let go.
- Flexibility: Massage helps reduce potential injuries by concentrating on muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints. It aids in improving your overall posture and range of motion by assisting the body to retain fluidity.
- Better Circulation. Massage is shown to improve blood flow, which pumps more oxygen into the tissues of your body, encouraging them to heal.
- Headache Relief. Massage reduces tension and stress, which tend to result in headaches in some patients.
- Pain Management: Your body produces natural painkillers called endorphins. Massage encourages the body to release these powerful chemicals to help patients better manage their pain.
Are You Ready to Make a Change?
Do you want to make the most of your life? Fetzer Family Chiropractic is a modern, family-friendly chiropractic clinic that is on a mission to provide quality pain relief and superior preventative care to patients in Fargo and the surrounding area. We specialize in complete chiropractic care and massage therapy, plus we carry a full line of orthotics products, pillows and supplements to aid you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Contact us today for more information or to make an appointment.